How to Clean Travertine Floor Tile
Travertine is a type of stone that belongs to the limestone family. Travertine is formed by minerals that dissolve in groundwater, and then are deposited on the surface of the earth by rivers and springs.
The steps to clean travertine floor tile are:
- Dust mop the floor using a non-treated dust mop or backpack vacuum with a glider on it.
- To clean the floor, use a clean mop and bucket or a microfiber flat mop, which is best. Use a neutral cleaner or stone soap (available from a stone dealer). Do not use too much cleaner or you will have streaks.
- After wet mopping follow up with a dry mop, which will take care of any possible streaks.
Do's and Don'ts for cleaning stone floors:
- DO dust mop stone floors frequently
- DO clean stone floors with a neutral pH cleaner or stone soap
- DO thoroughly rinse and dry the floor after mopping
- DO blot up spills immediately
- DO protect stone floors with non-slip mats or area rugs
- DON'T use vinegar or others acid cleaners on stone floors
- DON'T use cleaners like bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub & tile cleaners (they may contain acid)
- DON'T use abrasive cleaners
Copyright (c) The Janitorial Store (TM)
Would you like to reprint this article in your newsletter, on your web site, or on your blog? You sure can! As long as the article is complete and unaltered (including the author information below). Send a copy of the reprint to us by filling out the contact form, including the URL of the published article. (Make sure all links are live if placed in an e-zine, on a web site or blog.)
You must include the following information at the end of each article you reprint:
Copyright TheJanitorialStore.com. All Rights Reserved.
Steve Hanson helps owners of small cleaning companies build a more profitable and successful cleaning business through his online community at TheJanitorialStore.com. Read inspirational cleaning success stories at http://www.cleaning-success.com, and sign up for weekly cleaning tips at http://www.TheJanitorialStore.com.